Director of Finance - The Performing Arts & Events Ctr of Federal Way
Company: Comcast Sports Ventures
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Director of Finance - The Performing Arts & Events Ctr of
Federal Way Job ID 2022-7209 Group Spectra - Venue Management
Location Name Spectra VM - Federal Way Performing Arts and Event
Center Category Accounting/Finance Type Regular Full-Time Overview
The Director of Finance plans and directs all aspects of financial,
accounting, purchasing, and internal control functions for the
venue by performing the following duties, personally or through
subordinate supervisors. The Director of Finance directly
supervises the Finance Department and Box Office employees and
carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
Spectra's policies and applicable laws. Other responsibilities
include overseeing the interviewing, hiring of fulltime employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals;
disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources;
addressing complaints and resolving problems. Spectra, an industry
leader in sports, entertainment, and venue management, is dedicated
to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills,
experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued
growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+
sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into
experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and
make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra -at -
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals
and priorities relating to financial management, budget,
accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and
Federal law, and policies and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with all provisions of the management
- Maintains contact with Risk Management Department and Insurance
broker for coordination of appropriate coverage.
- Reviews all contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food
and beverage or concessionaires.
- Reviews and/or prepares event settlements.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits; reviews daily
cash receipts and disbursements.
- Oversee box office, ticket sale receipts and reporting
- Oversee food and beverage accounting
- Assist with show settlement including payments to promoters,
compile all post-show financial info to enter into GL, prepare show
- Oversee payroll and HR functions in the venue.
- Prepare appropriate state and local tax returns to be filed
- Prepares financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and
other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual
Budget and Annual Report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records
to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers,
accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost,
property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all
departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends
appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and
- Coordinates preparation of Client or external audit materials
and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or
- 5 to 7 years of experience in public accounting and/or
financial management at a supervisory level or as department
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required. Must work nights and
weekends if required.
- Be a business partner with other departments insuring financial
success of the venue.
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Must pass background and credit check per guidelines
- Experience with ADP payroll, and Sage accounting
- Industry experience is preferred.
- CPA or MBA a plus Spectra, an industry leader in sports,
entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and
developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and
values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our
organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue
partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences
create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You
can learn more about Spectra -at - www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra -is an equal opportunity employer and our employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or
condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona
fide occupational qualifications apply . We apologize for the
inconvenience. The "Share" function is not working properly at this
time. Please refresh the page and try again later. We appreciate
your excitement about this opening!
Keywords: Comcast Sports Ventures, Federal Way , Director of Finance - The Performing Arts & Events Ctr of Federal Way, Accounting, Auditing , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!