Company: Alera Group
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Propel Insurance, an Alera Group Company is looking for a Claims
Manager to join their team! . At Propel, we make it our business to
know our clients worlds inside and out. With decades of
industry-specific experience, we bring our clients a real-world
understanding of the challenges they face. We-- - -re recognized as
a leader in providing innovative insurance solutions, and are proud
of the long-standing partnerships we-- - -ve developed with many of
the nation-- - -s leading carriers. Our employees are devoted to
serving our customers and knowing insurance. As it turns out,
insurance isn-- - -t the only thing they are passionate about. The
Claims Manager supervises and oversees a team of employees in the
Claims Department. The Claims Manager is responsible for
supervising the work, monitoring and motivating performance, and
facilitating a collaborative team environment, with the secondary
responsibility of managing a modest pending of claims of their own.
This managment position assures that all claims related activites
are delivered in a manner consistent with Claims Departement
service standards, and effectively uses management applications to
monitor work in progress, audit files and ensure proper procedures
are being followed. Responsibilities Responsibilities
- Participates in staff hiring and separation decisions.
- Conducts timely, thoughtful, and effective performance reviews
for all staff which reflect their contribution and productivity
against expectations and goals, and provides performance feedback
throughout the year.
- Recommends employee compensation changes and considers and
evaluates job descriptions and job duties.
- Proposes account assignments and team staffing.
- Approves time off requests and timesheets for staff, ensuring
that any overtime worked is appropriate and necessary.
- Handles employee relations issues with input from Director and
HR, which may result in disciplinary action, up to and including
- Uses independent discretion and judgment about how to manage
staff, including workplace flexibility, employee growth and
development, team building, and other employee engagement
activities, coaching, and addressing team dynamics.
- Approves expense reports within expense authority level.
- Manages client accounts ensuring customer satisfaction and
acting with a sense of urgency and commitment to excellence.
- Handles escalated sensitive or complicated claims issues and
provides back up to the team as needed.Considers effectiveness of
claims services provided to clients and recommends policies and
procedures to increase customer satisfaction and team
- Communicates regularly with producers and sales leadership to
ensure claims support needs are being met. Qualifications Knowledge
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Follow through and attention to detail a must.
- Has established carrier relationships.
- Should be regarded as a subject matter expert in all areas of
- Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and
- Present to groups requiring public speaking ability.Experience
- Washington and/or Oregon Agents License.
- Minimum 5 years in a Senior Claims Consultant or equivalent
capacity including Commercial, Multiline & Work Comp as
- Experience in complex loss analysis.
- Continued insurance education (ex. INS, AIC, SCLA, CPCU, CCM
- Frequent travel to client sites. Occasional travel to remote
office locations, seminars, training, and conferences.
- Availability during non-core business hours.
- Dependable transportation, personal auto use may be required.
Must meet Propels liability insurance policy and procedure
standards. Equal Opportunity Employment We-- - -re an equal
opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for
employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
disability status. If you-- - -re a California resident, please
read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.
#pandoIQPandoLogic. Keywords: Claims Manager, Location: Federal
Way, WA - 98023
Keywords: Alera Group, Federal Way , Claims Manager, Executive , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!