Director, Financial Reporting
Company: DaVita Inc.
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: May 14, 2022
32275 32nd Ave S, -Federal Way, -Washington, -98001, -United
States of AmericaDirector - Financial ReportingThe Director of
Financial Reporting reports to the VP of Financial Reporting and
serves as a key resource to senior decision-makers in the business.
This leader works closely with our domestic and international
accounting teams, as well as others across the organization, to
ensure the timely completion and filing of all Securities and
Exchange Commission (SEC) reports related to the consolidated
financial statements of the Company. In addition, this position
assists in the preparation and completion of the monthly financial
package submitted to the Chief Accounting Office and Chief
Financial Officer to ensure department goals and objectives are
achieved, in alignment with DaVita's Mission and Core Values, as
well as to ensure compliance with all GAAP and SEC rules and
regulations.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the preparation of the annual report on Form 10-K and
quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, earnings release and other SEC
- Oversee and participate in other processes as needed to ensure
proper disclosures of all material items in the Company's SEC
reports including the Company's disclosure committee.
- Oversee the preparation of the internal monthly financial
reporting package, including communication of results to CAO and
- Coordinate year-end audit and quarterly reviews of financial
statements with outside auditors.
- Responsible for accounting review and analysis around debt,
debt covenants and all internal and external support around
refinancing, bonds, etc.
- Perform accounting research and analyze technical accounting
issues in accordance with GAAP, Securities and Exchange Commission
(SEC) and New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) regulations, accounting
standards and familiarity with non-GAAP reconciliations and what is
required by SEC disclosure rules.
- Interact with the external audit partner and managers on
various technical issues that arise.
- Manage system/software used for SEC filings including
recommendation on tools to use, relationship with vendor as well as
teammate training. -
- Review and oversight of XBRL filing requirements. -
- Responsible for the adequacy of documentation and review of
internal controls and compliance with SOX 404 for all related
processes for the preparation of the SEC filings.
- Support finance and investor relations teams, on an ad hoc
basis, including preparation and review of various documents such
as external investor presentations, capital markets, etc. for
- Perform account reconciliation oversight reviews for all
general ledger accounts under your responsibility.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to existing processes
through automation and partnership with various departments.
- Other duties as assigned.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: YesHere
is what you can expect when you join our Village: -
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core
Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career
paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your
health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from
chronic kidney failure across the nation. QUALIFICATIONS:
- An active CPA license is required.
- Knowledge of SEC rules and regulations, including S-K and S-X
experience, in preparing SEC filings, including Form 10-Q, Annual
Report on Form 10-K, and other registration statements.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP with ability to perform GAAP
research on complex accounting issues including debt and various
other accounting issues.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop a team in a
fast paced, results-oriented environment.
- Analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Public accounting experience or working in a public traded
Company is required.
- Experience with multi-location multi-segment financial
accounting consolidated financial statements.
- Eight to ten years of related accounting and supervisory
- Experience with project management and system
- Performance and behavior reflect the Mission and Core Values of
- Understanding and knowledge of Regulation G for the
presentations of non-GAAP financial measures.Other Skills and
- Ability to meet goals individually and in a teammate
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective delegation and coordination
- Proven ability to motivate others in order to achieve tasks and
- Demonstrated aptitude to effectively handle teammate
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other functional areas
to achieve the overall DaVita Mission.
- Familiarity with Workiva's Wdesk platform a plus.Full
vaccination against COVID-19 or weekly COVID-19 testing, in
addition to wearing a mask, is required. A medical/religious
exemption is required for any unvaccinated teammates planning to
visit a clinic or working on any of our federal contracts.What
We'll Provide:More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package
connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to
begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or
coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some
of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match,
paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP
counseling sessions, access Headspace - , backup child and elder
care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of
programs to help strong performers grow within their career and
also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses
through DaVita's online training platform StarLearning. At DaVita,
we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all
teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our
goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our
Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be
an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted
without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic. Salary/ Wage
RangeCompensation for the role will depend on a number of factors,
including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and
experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a
competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match,
healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more
Keywords: DaVita Inc., Federal Way , Director, Financial Reporting, Executive , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!