Company: Senior Services Of America
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: February 23, 2021
- Nursing, 1 year (Required)
Full Job DescriptionJob Title: Wellness Nurse, LPN or RN FLSA
Status: Non-ExemptDepartment: Wellness Reports to: Executive
DirectorSummary: Provides licensed nursing direction for all health
care components of the assisted livingprogram. To supervise the
resident care team as delegated by the Director of Wellness and
toconduct the medication program.
Core Values:Our team members demonstrate the core values of the
community every day.
- Safety - We work safely for ourselves and our residents.o
Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Avoids shortcuts that
increase healthand safety risks to self or others.
- Residents - Our residents are the priorityo Shows interest in,
anticipates, and responds timely to resident's needs.
- Communication - We are open and honest with our communicationo
Avoids confrontational approaches and keeps the communication
- Integrity - We do the right thing, every time.o Respects and
maintains confidentiality; tells the truth and is honest in all
- Respect -We genuinely care for others. We respect every person
and every role.o Maintains an open, approachable manner, and treats
others fairly and respectfully
- Empowerment - We enable our residents and team members to make
decisions.o Balances analysis, knowledge, experience, and
perspective when making decisions.
- Accountability- We take responsibility for ourselves and our
resultso Shows up to work on time, and follows instructions,
policies, and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides residents with the medication regime as ordered by the
resident's physician.Assures that physician orders are carried out
as ordered and correctly charted in theappropriate flow sheets.
- Makes observations of residents, their conditions, and any
changes therein, records sameand notifies appropriate people.
- Administers medication as required. Charts medications
immediately following administration of the medication.
- Responsible for ordering new medication or renewal of current
- Orders all medications including those needed for treatments,
and the special formulas used in supplemental nourishments.
- Enters new medication orders on the medication record.
- Discontinues medications as ordered on medication record.
- Responsible for proper storage and security of medications,
including narcotics, inaccordance with established policies,
procedures and state/federal guidelines. Oversees thatdesignee
competes the ordering, return and stocking of medical supplies.
- Charts on review of residents' problems. Maintains alert
- Provides assistance to residents as needed.
- Maintains general cleanliness of medication room and medication
- Defrosts medication refrigerator as needed and maintains the
temperature between 35 and45 degrees F.
- Defrosts refrigerator as needed containing food products and
maintains the temperaturebetween 35 and 45 degrees F.
- Notifies physician of changes in resident condition.
- Upon discharge or expiration of resident, all scheduled and
controlled substances, openliquids and injectables will be
collected and disposed of as prescribed by law. Drugs willremain in
locked medicine cabinet and counted monthly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises the resident caregivers
assigned to the shift.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: 2-4 years related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer at
least one year experience in nursing in geriatric care.Certificates
and Licenses: Must have current state nursing license.
Language Skills: Read, analyze and interpret business periodicals,
professional journals; technicalprocedures or governmental
regulations. Write reports and business correspondence.
Effectivelypresent information and respond to questions from groups
of managers, clients, customers and to the general public.
Math Skills: Understand and work with mathematical concepts such as
fractions, percentages,ratios and proportions to practical
Reasoning Ability: Solve problems and deal with a variety of
variables in situations where onlylimited standardization exists;
to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form. Analyzes situations to
anticipate/identify potential problems; collects relevant
information, evaluates options and recommends appropriate actions;
State Requirements: Any state required training/certification for
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and
work environmentdescribed below represent the activities and
surroundings of the positions. Reasonableaccommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essentialfunctions. Must be able to physically lift up to 10 lbs.
on a frequent basis and up to 25-50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
Occasionally carry up to 10-25 lbs. Must be able to frequently
reach at shoulder height and occasionally above and below shoulder
height. This position involves frequent bending and occasional
twisting. During an 8 hour day, the incumbent is required to be
able to walk, sit and stand for 2 hours consecutively and be able
to stand and walk 3 hours total. Talking and hearing isrequired to
communicate by phone or with others. Manual and finger dexterity
and eye-hand coordination required. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth
perception, peripheral vision, color vision, and ability to adjust
focus and ability to smell for accurate maintenance and detection
of wounds, urinary tract problems and other caregiving duties.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate, consisting ofusual senior care facility sounds
including but not limited to computers, printers, telephones, light
foot traffic and background conversation. Must be able to handle a
high pace that is typical for a nursing community.
Job Type: Full-timePay: From $31.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time offSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftExperience:
- Nursing: 1 year (Required)Work Location:
- One locationRelocation Assistance Provided:
- NoThis Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working
on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent
shifts in directionCompany's website:
- Benefit Conditions:
- Waiting period may applyWork Remotely:
Keywords: Senior Services Of America, Federal Way , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!