HR Administrator (21-0006)
Company: Doyon Government Group
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: February 15, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: The HR Administrator will perform tasks and services
to support effective and efficient operations of the organization
human resource department.
* Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resources
files and records.
* Assists with recruiting functions including, sourcing, posting
positions, scheduling interviews, background checks, references,
* Organizes and manages new employee orientation, onboarding, and
* Perform shareholder outreach efforts and maintain shareholder
* Answers frequently asked questions from applicants, and employees
relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.;
refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff
* Maintains the learning management systems.
* Performs periodic audits of HR record and systems.
* Responsible for ensuring compliance for human resource federal
and state requirements.
* Assist with payroll including training, time collection, and
answering employee questions.
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records,
* Provides various reports and assist with metric compilations on
weekly, monthly, and yearly basis as directed by the Director of
Human Resources. Provide reports for management as requested.
* Provides administrative help to the HR department.
* Accurate and timely data entry.
* Assists with planning and execution of special events and
* Demonstrates collaborative work style, a belief in partnering,
information and resource sharing.
* High levels of accountability - a sense of ownership and passion
for attaining goals and surpassing expectations.
* May act as backup for Human Resources Recruiter, Generalist or
Benefits Administrator on a temporary basis.
* Other HR duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate clearly
and accurately and work within a diverse work environment
* Advanced knowledge of office procedures and efficiency with
computer software MS Office, including the ability to write clear
and grammatically correct letters, memos, and reports
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and
prioritize individual and departmental responsibilities
* Ability to work effectively under pressure, demonstrates
initiative and resourcefulness, exercise good judgment and
* High integrity and work ethics
* Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be
accomplished and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence
beyond job expectations
* Corporate Values - Understands, embraces, and integrates Doyon
corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
* Customer Service - Identifies and responds to current and future
needs by providing excellent service to internal and external
* Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for
co-workers and customers
* Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and
maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
* Attention to Detail - Ensures one's own and other's work and
information are complete and accurate
* Planning and Organizing - Systematically develops plans,
prioritizes, organizes, and manages resources to accomplish
business goals within a specific time- period
* Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or a related
field, (working towards your degree) or experience in human
* 2 years human resource experience
* Excellent computer skills, experience with Human Resources
Information Systems (HRIS), Intermediate or advance experience with
MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and demonstrated skills in
accurate data entry and record keeping
* Efficient in 10-key
* Maintaining confidential files and records
* Specialized training in employment law, compensation,
organizational planning, organization development, employee
relations, safety, training, preferred.
* Knowledge of and experience with maintaining web-based HR data
and HR records systems for optimal personnel management. SHRM-CP or
PHR credentials, preferred.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of the work is performed in a
professional office setting with a wide variety of people in
differing functions, personalities, and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring
routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying items weighing up
to forty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties
of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or
hear. Occasional travel required.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon's business philosophy and
practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to
applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals
with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon
Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other
Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all
phases of employment and training, which include, but are not
limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
PAY TRANSPARENCY STATEMENT: The contractor will not discharge or in
any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants
because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own
pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees
who have access to the compensation information of other employees
or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this
position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the
position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job
duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions
and requirements and are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform
this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills,
aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some
requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills or abilities.
Apply Online at www.doyon.com
We are a Federal Contractor and comply with the Vietnam Era
Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at
For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.
If you need assistance or special accommodations during the
application process, please contact the appropriate Human Resources
Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified applicants will be notified.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all
of our locations within the state
The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Keywords: Doyon Government Group, Federal Way , HR Administrator (21-0006), Human Resources , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!