IT Project Manager
Company: Peninsula Truck Lines, Inc.
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: January 10, 2022
IT PROJECT MANAGER
Information Technology - Federal Way, WA & Remote - Exempt,
To provide the highest quality transportation services in the
Northwest by exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees
Excellence in every transaction
- Conduct business following the highest ethical standards
- Provide our customers with total satisfaction
- Foster an environment of mutual respect and teamwork among our
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment
- Regard vendors as partners in business
- Support and contribute to our country and the communities we
- Profitability is essential to ensure our success
The IT Project Manager will plan, establish, and manage information
technology (IT) projects and will serve as a liaison between the
business and technical aspects of assigned projects. This role
supports the Company's mission by serving as a strategic leader
implementing new, improved and innovative ways to support the
efficiency, effectiveness, and reliability of business processes
and business systems.
- Lead and manage assigned IT projects to ensure adherence to
goals, budget, schedule, and scope of project.
- Set and track project milestones; manage and account for
unforeseen delays, then realign schedules and expectations as
- Establish and implement project communication plans, providing
status updates to affected staff and stakeholders.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize information and trends as needed
to prepare project status reports.
- Help project sponsors, team members and other stakeholders
effectively collaborate and make more informed decisions.
- Ensure projects are aligned with overall business strategies and
to ensure project risks are mitigated and negative impact to
project stakeholders are minimized.
- Maintain a strong focus on people and how changes impact them to
ensure business risks are mitigated and the impact to people within
the company is minimized.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assign responsibilities, duties and tasks to IT project
- Oversee the day-to-day workflow of the IT project staff.
- Provide feedback on performance.
- Establish and manage project procedures and processes.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer or Information Science related field
- At least 5 years' experience leading cross-functional projects is
- Project management certification preferred.
- Prior transportation or logistics experience desired; LTL
trucking highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and trust.
- Excellent analytical ability, natural curiosity and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of project management principles, planning
- Thorough understanding of information technology procedures and
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and the ability to interact
with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to motivate groups of people to complete a project in a
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Constant sitting at a desk with repetitive hand movements to
operate a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend below waist level to adjust operating hardware on
- Ability to travel to, and move about in, field locations.
- Ability to occasionally work non-traditional or extended hours
based on business need.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend conversational
Employment & Benefits
Reports to: Vice President - Information Technology
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Federal Way, WA with flexibility for occasional remote
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with
Benefits: Employer-sponsored medical insurance for employee and
dependents; Health Savings Account (HSA); Flexible Spending
Accounts (FSA); 401(k); company paid life insurance and long-term
disability insurance; paid time off
Peninsula Truck Lines provides high-quality transportation services
with flexibility and friendliness. Our focus is on making the
transportation process simple and stress-free by listening and
building trusted relationships with our customers, employees and
Our company was founded with the promise that every delivery is
handled with care for the customer and care for the customer's
freight. As a people-centric organization, the needs of our
customers and employees are the forefront of our operations.
Peninsula Truck Lines portrays service excellence and openness, as
there is a warmth and friendliness that accompanies the company's
interactions with customers, employees and the community. We
respect each other as friends. We are down-to-earth and helpful. We
are here to exceed the expectations of our customers, employees and
the communities we serve.
Keywords: Peninsula Truck Lines, Inc., Federal Way , IT Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!