Environmental Coordinator - Kiewit Bridge and Marine
Company: Kiewit Corporation
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Other locations:Federal Way, WA, US Requisition ID: 107683 Job
Level: Mid Level Department: Environmental Market: Transportation
Employment Type: Full Time Position OverviewAre you interested in
being able to travel the country while you build complex projects
that better our economy and future? If this is something that
interests you, Kiewit is looking for individuals who can make a
profound impact on our company culture every day.Our mission is to
make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one
too through our construction operations. Whether we're boring
tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building
bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate,
skilled, and safety obsessed construction professionals to get it
done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality,
and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and
travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big
thing from the ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the
best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find
anywhere else.District Overview Kiewit's Bridge & Marine District
headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, operates with heavy civil,
marine, and industrial capabilities across North America. We are a
leader in technical and traditional bridges, bridge like
structures, marine structures, and dredge work. Kiewit Bridge &
Marine is also the foremost constructor of floating bridges across
the United States. Location We currently have work all across the
country in large cities and small towns, so our people must be
willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be
determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and
relocate as business requires. Must be able to travel and relocate
as business requires. Some of our current projects locations
include, Florida, Washington, Oregon, California, Texas, Hawaii and
- Monitor, forecast and communicate environmental costs at the
- Identify and obtain applicable permits and manage as required
in the Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Develop a comprehensive tracking matrix to capture all
- Review and interpret environmental specifications and
- Understand state and local regulations and review
- Prepare site specific plans and submit required reports.
- Provide input to work plans and participate in meetings.
- Communicate with field crews to ensure understanding of project
- Identify project materials and vendors needed to support the
environmental requirements at the project.
- Conduct applicable environmental training and field inspections
and identify environmental risks.
- Organize data management and processes for projects and
encourage production operations through development of new or
- Communicate with internal and external agencies or customers in
regards to environmental procedures.
- Coordinate, manage and implement project-wide environmental
compliance programs and strategies at the project.
- Maintain records of all requirements and monitor compliance
- Identify applicable environmental requirements at federal,
state and local levels for the project which may include: hazardous
waste, air quality, storm water, spill plans,
- Ability to travel as needed
- Bachelors degree in environmental health, environmental
engineering, environmental studies, or another related field is
- Previous experience as an environmental coordinator may be
required. Environmental coordinators must be organized and pay
close attention to detail, as well as work effectively in a team
setting and on their own with minimal supervision
- Interest in EHS function in a construction project setting or
- Strong technical knowledge of environmental regulations
- Familiar with ASTM E 1527-05, Standard Practice for
Environmental Site Assessments: Phase I Environmental Site
Assessment Process; F.E.R.C
- Experience setting up training programs
- Familiarity with using computer and standard software
- Effective communicatorWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Kiewit Corporation, Federal Way , Environmental Coordinator - Kiewit Bridge and Marine, Other , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!