Company: WinCo Foods
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join our Winning Team today and
start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a family of 20,000+
employee-owners, with 126 grocery stores and our own distribution
and transportation network operating across 10 states in the
American West, Pacific Northwest and Southwest. As the Low Price
Grocery Leader we believe that we make the lives of our customers
and employee-owners better and we do it by focusing on the people
and communities where we operate.
WinCo Foods began in 1967, in Boise, ID,
under the name Waremart, operating stores under the name until
1999, when the name was changed to WinCo Foods, short for Winning
In 1985, after a group of senior employees
purchased a majority interest in the company, they made the
momentous decision to give WinCo Foods employees a real ownership
stake. The WinCo Foods Employee Stock Ownership Trust (ESOP) was
born, creating what has now become the third largest Employee-Owned
company in the United States.
Today, WinCo Foods is well known and
beloved for its everyday low-prices and engaged employee-owners
across our service areas, encompassing 126 stores throughout
Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California, Oregon, Utah, Arizona,
Texas, Oklahoma and Montana.
Heres the best part: The day you start at
WinCo Foods is the day you start building your ownership stake!
(available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan
Providing for your future self While you
may not think so today, the WinCo Foods ESOP is a path to financial
security. Think about this: to date, we have more than 500
millionaire employee-owners, with hundreds more close behind!
The formula is simple: work hard and the
better you do, the better your location does. The better your
location does, the better the company does. The better the company
does, the better our ESOP does. You get an annual gift of stock
equaling 20% of what you make each year. After six years, its all
yours, no matter what. (ESOP available at most locations, check
the locations Summary Plan Description)
You can own a grocery store!How cool is
that? Work hard, stay focused and it may just support you for the
rest of your life!
In addition, WinCo Foods also offers great
Healthcare at very low cost, career advancement opportunities, paid
vacation and sick leave, and competitive wages.
So what are you waiting for?
Scales, mixes and bakes various bakery
goods. Maintains proper inventory levels of products and ensures
the cleanliness and appearance of the bakery department meets
standards. Consistently provides friendly, courteous service to
internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Produce bakery products for retail stores.
- Operate and clean equipment and work area. Maintains clean,
safe and sanitary bakery area and equipment.
- Package all fresh products following all packaging /handling
- Ensure quality of goods by following code.
- Mixes icing or other toppings by scaling and measuring
ingredients, operating a mixer, reading the recipe, occasionally
lifting 50 lbs. bags of sugar, shortening, and flour.
- Dumps icing or other toppings into large storage
- Sets-up cakes by taking liner off, putting icing between layers
of numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a time).
- Ices cakes by taking icing out of the container, combining the
icing onto the cake, lifting buckets, bordering, placing specific
decorations, etc. for numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a
- Packages cakes by placing in box.
- Labels bakery items by inputting data into DiGi machine for
scanning, placing a label on container, etc.
- Displays products on shelves by placing them in an appealing
manner and using FIFO for rotation.
- Takes orders by phone and in person from customers. Special
orders by following orders from customers; using an air brush
machine, tubes, tips, etc.
- Personalizes cakes by writing the desired words of the
- Faces merchandise.
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with
an emphasis on providing fast, friendly customer service.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques in
person, over the telephone and over the in-store intercom.
- Displays goods by following packaging/handling procedures.
Follows company guidelines for setting up and maintaining stock,
cleanliness and appeal of product show cases, display tables, and
special displays; proper signing procedures, etc.
- Assists customers with inquiries (i.e., special orders for
cakes and other bakery items) by knowing current pricing,
ingredients, availability of product, advertised merchandise,
- Ensures quality of goods by following code dating procedures
and legal regulations or labeling and packaging for all in-store
- Ensures quantity of goods is available by keeping manager
informed of stock levels, accurately filling out inventory and
production sheets as scheduled.
- Produce breads/rolls by mixing recipes. Setting up racks and
pans, setting up machines, operating machines, lifting product,
measuring ingredients, operating oven, proof box. Pushing and
- Clean work area using pressure hose, floor brush, squeegee,
wiping off all work tables, scales utensils.
- Produce croissants. Folding by hand, proofing and baking.
- Opens and closes bakery according to company procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment
- Ovens, proof box, mixers, bread sheeter, flour dump bins, floor
scrubber, dishwasher, rack washer, pallet jack, microwave,20pt
divider,36pt divider, donut filler unit, airbrush ,date gun, scan
gun, and DIGI printer, label machine and ink jet printer.
The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature of work performed by the employees
assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company
policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and
qualifications required of personnel may vary.
Foods continues to grow, our diversityfrom our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiencesis essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Federal Way , Clerk, Other , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!