Truck Driver Trainee (NO CDL required), $10k sign-on bonus, home weekends!
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: May 30, 2021
WHAT’S IN THE JOB
You’ll work side-by-side with a Driver Trainer to learn the
essential functions of the job including the accurate and timely
distribution of products to various customer locations, getting
exposure to warehouse and other operational functions. Exposure to
warehouse and other operational functions are part of the
WHO YOU’LL WORK FOR
In this role, you’ll be directly hired by McLane and will enjoy an
awesome range of benefits from day one.
McLane is one of the largest supply chain services leaders in the
United States. With 125 years of success, they deliver more than
50,000 consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the
- $65,000 Average 1st Year Pay
- $85,000 Average 3rd Year Pay
- Starting rate $21.00 during the 8-10 weeks of training
- Guaranteed minimum pay biweekly of $2,500 after training
SIGN-ON BONUS: $10,000
SHIFT: various shifts, home weekends!
LOCATION: 9611 45th Ave SW, Lakewood, WA
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Maneuver tractor into position to attach trailer and handle
lines to secure.
- Operate truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local,
state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Inspect tractor-trailer equipment for defects pre/post trip and
submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Operate Driver Delivery Handheld (DDH), document delivery
receipts/product temperatures and exceptions.
- Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged
transport of product.
- Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT
regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and
- Provide customer service including on-time delivery of
undamaged product, product returns and issuing valid customer
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Be able to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and
stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Be able to select/load/unload and/or deliver ALL products that
may be ordered by McLane customers.
- Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills
- Be able to perform mathematical calculations to verify
quantities of product.
- Be able to communicate with customers, management, and other
- Be able to safely drive a tractor-trailer, use a 2-wheeled
dolly, ramp, and on board PeopleNet devices.
- Meet eligibility requirements in the McLane Transfer and
WE OFFER YOU FROM DAY ONE:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- Industry-leading 401(k) with annual company match (starts on
your 90th day).
- Paid holidays, vacation time, educational assistance program,
WORK SAFE, HOME SAFE.
This is a motto at McLane. Your safety and ability to do your job
and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go
through a pre-hire screening process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Shiftfillers, Federal Way , Truck Driver Trainee (NO CDL required), $10k sign-on bonus, home weekends!, Other , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!