BHC Psychologist- School Based Health Center
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Behavioral Health Consultant Psychologist-School Based Health
Come join the HealthPoint Federal Way High School Team!
HealthPoint is a community-based, community-supported and
community-governed network of non-profit health centers dedicated
to providing expert, high-quality care to all who need it,
regardless of circumstances. Founded in 1971, we believe that the
quality of your health care should not depend on how much money you
make, what language you speak or what your health is, because
everyone deserves great care.
The Behavioral Health Consultant identifies triages and
co-manages patients with medical and behavioral health problems
within the school-based health primary care setting. Provides skill
training through psycho-education and patient education strategies
and develops specific behavioral change plans for patients and
behavioral health protocols for target populations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist primary health care provider in recognizing and treating
mental disorders and psychosocial problems, and behavioral medicine
- Assessment and triage: conduct initial screening visit of 30
minutes or less, evaluate level of functioning, determine risk
level, assist with diagnosis and behavioral management of
- Work with primary care team (primary care provider,
nutritionist) to treat and manage patients with emotional and/or
health problems efficiently and effectively assisting in the
development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical
- Provide behavioral health care to minors in accordance with
Washington State Law; maintain strict adherence to confidentiality
- Work with primary care provider to refer cases to mental health
specialists as appropriate. Assist school personnel with referrals
- Evaluate patient care plans with primary care team.
- Teach patients self care. Teach families and health center
staff techniques for patient care. Teach patients and health center
staff techniques for prevention of risks to the well-being of the
patient and techniques for treatment enhancement of the
- Develop and conduct educational workshops and group visits to
promote skill building, education, and improved health for patients
and the overall student population.
- Provide consultation and/or education to school personnel (e.g.
school counselors, principals, and teachers) as needed.
- Maintain, improve, and develop positive relationships with
school staff (e.g. school counselors, principals, and
- Monitor the site's behavioral health program, identifying
problems related to patient services, making recommendations for
improvement, and identify linkages to beneficial community
resources and external specialty services.
- Respond to patient or co-worker complaints and work toward a
positive resolution of any dispute.
- Participate in evaluation of peers, support staff, and
supervisor as required.
- Provide assistance in the efforts to grow Behavioral Health
services in the organization as required.
- Provide assistance in the efforts to develop school-based
health center services in the organization as needed. Assist in the
evaluation of the behavioral health program: review utilization
data, establish outcomes to measure quality of life improvements,
and cost effectiveness of population-based programming.
- Supervise students and/or interns, and contribute to management
of the practicum and internship programs as needed.
Must Haves to be Successful:
- Doctoral degree in Psychology.
- Washington licensed/license eligible.
- Maintain current registration/licensure with Washington.
- Experience in a health care/medical setting is required.
- Experience working with adolescent population required.
- Ability to write reports, complex papers, speeches and articles
using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and
presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management,
clients, external groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to communicate effectively with adolescent population
and school personnel.
Keywords: HealthPoint, Federal Way , BHC Psychologist- School Based Health Center, Other , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!