Company: CHI Franciscan
Location: FEDERAL WAY
Posted on: June 5, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health
Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites
across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care
and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one
out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like
never before. Our communities need caring and our families need
protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed
to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor
and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both
inside our hospitals and out in the community.
ResponsibilitiesJob Summary: Security Officers provide a full range
of security activities designed to protect persons, property and
equipment from unauthorized persons or hazards by patrolling in or
around hospital and grounds. They physically restrain individuals
at risk for causing imminent injury or damage. They also provide
customer service to visitors and employees, such as providing
directions, escorting individuals to and from parking areas,
providing jump starts to car batteries and unlocking cars. They
also control access to the hospital by verifying the identity of
persons entering or exiting in accordance with department procedure
and they monitor fire alarm and perimeter detection systems. The
day-to-day work is performed in accordance with well-defined
procedures. The work activities require customer service skills.
Security Officers work in "unarmed" positions that require shift
and weekend work involving significant periods of standing and
walking. Essential Duties:
- Provides physical security to the hospital; patrols assigned
buildings and property on foot, being alert to violations of
security regulations, suspicious activities, unauthorized persons
and safety hazards that may cause injury or damage to
- Responds to individuals displaying unusual, suspicious or
aggressive behavior firmly, but courteously.
- May subdue and restrain individuals posing potential harm to
persons and property. Utilizes conflict resolution skills to
deescalate the situation or person, involving management when
- Provides customer service to patients, employees and
- Completes all required documentation in a timely, accurate, and
- Interfaces with law enforcement in respect to criminal
- Exhibits and adheres to Virginia Mason Franciscan Health's Core
Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
- Six months of related experience in security or customer
service that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge
- Satisfactory Abstract of Driving Record (Type: Employment
Record) must be provided and meet departmental standards.
- Minimum age requirement of 21 years for insurance coverage
eligibility which is mandatory for driving security vehicles.
- Valid Washington State driver's license and a clean driving
record with no action pending/taken at any time in response to
unsafe driver performance or other legal requirements.
- International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety
(IAHSS) Basic Certification preferred.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: CHI Franciscan, Federal Way , Security Officer, Other , FEDERAL WAY, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!