Registered Nurse (RN) - Federal Way Clinic *$5000 Sign-on Bonus*
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Find what you're looking for in your career, at PacMed as a
Registered Nurse (RN) Clinic (0.8 FTE, Days) to work in our clinic
located in Federal Way, WA.
$5,000 sign-on bonus eligible!
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to provide professional
nursing care as directed by the Washington State Nurse Practice Act
and Pacific Medical Centers policies, procedures, and
In this position you will:
- Clinical Role:
- Independently assesses patient needs, develops a plan of care,
delivers direct care, evaluates outcome of care, and adjusts plan
and subsequent interventions accordingly.
- Administers medications within the scope of registered nursing
practice.Institutes health promotion and preventive care measures,
based on patient needs assessment.
- Delivers RN-administered patient care services following
Pacific Medical Centers approved protocols e.g., anti-coagulation
therapy, suture removal, adult female with dysuria, pregnancy
Documents subjective and objective assessment, evaluation, plan
and interventions for in-person and telephone interactions.
- Teaching Role:
- Conducts comprehensive educational assessments, matches
teaching methods to defined learning objectives, and develops
teaching plans for individual patients and target population
- Instructs patients, individually or in groups, using a variety
of methods, reinforcement and review.
Evaluates and documents the outcome of instruction; incorporates
changes into the patient teaching plan.
- Consulting Nurse Role:
- Triages patient needs, both in-person and by phone, to ensure
timely access to appropriate health care services.
Provides medical information, advice and health care teaching to
patients and their families in person and via the telephone.
- Care Coordination/Case Management Role:
- Functions as a liaison between patients, providers and
community agencies; obtains support services for patients (i.e.,
nursing homes, home health care agencies, visiting services and
other community agencies).
- Facilitates transition of patients from outpatient to hospital,
skilled nursing facility, and/or home care services.
Facilitates changes in clinic patient flow based on patient
assessment and triage.
- Leadership Role:
- Coaches, instructs and acts as role model for designated health
care team workers.
- Delegates clinical and non-clinical tasks to designated health
care team members according to Washington State approved scope of
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree (Baccalaureate, Associate or Diploma) from an
accredited school of nursing.
- One (1) year of recent RN experience in a patient care setting
or clinical commensurate.
- Currently licensed to practice in Washington State.
- Basic Life Support certification within two (2) month of
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years recent RN experience in a patient care setting in
area(s) of responsibility
- Recent prior experience in a hospital and out-patient
- Recent prior experience with phone triage.
- Three (3) years of work experience in behavioral health
assignments only: Progressive experience, including medication
About the ministry you serve:
Pacific Medical Centers is affiliated with Providence Health &
Services, which operates 28 exceptional not-for-profit hospitals
and more than 350 clinics across the West. With hundreds of
physician and advanced practice provider opportunities in virtually
all specialties at any given time, Pacific Medical Centers and
Providence offer diverse locations, lifestyles and practice models.
Find what you are looking for in your next practice opportunity
with Pacific Medical Centers! Learn more at
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Federal Way , Registered Nurse (RN) - Federal Way Clinic *$5000 Sign-on Bonus*, Other , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!