Contact Center Representative, Retail Banking (Federal Way, WA)
Company: HomeStreet, Inc
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: June 9, 2021
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be
considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
The Contact Center Representative (Agent) is responsible for
assisting customers with account research, problem solving, online
banking access and debit card disputes. Agent ensures timely and
accurate resolution which may require collaboration with other
departments. Agent communicates the status of the request with the
customer if the issue is not resolved at first point of contact.
Agent is proficient with technology systems used to enroll and
support customers with online banking, bill pay, mobile banking,
debit cards, and the VRU. Agent has excellent customer service
skills and delivers a superior customer experience resulting in
retention of existing customers and development of customer
loyalty. Agent responds to customer inquiries through multiple
channels including telephone, email, web chat, and digital channels
(including online, mobile and IVR).
- Respond to customer inquiries via telephone, email, web chat,
or digital channels on banking products, services, and rates while
providing friendly, accurate, and speedy service.
- Resolve customer issues timely and thoroughly, seeking to
exceed customer expectation on every interaction. Minimize customer
transfers and hold times.
- Respond to online banking, mobile banking, and bill payment
inquiries; troubleshoot connectivity issues for online banking and
bill payment; resolve User ID and password access issues; resolve
bill payment issues within service level agreement standards.
- Prepare and process requests for withdrawals, transfers,
duplicate statements, stop payments, service charge refunds, change
of address, deposit research, debit card orders, cancel and
reactivation of debit cards, and other transaction requests.
- Act in a mentor capacity for newly hired representatives.
- Maintain required performance standards in quality, occupancy,
attendance, and adherence.
- Ensure the security of customer information and assist with
minimizing bank losses by performing customer verification on each
- Accurately track the call reason for training, forecasting, and
- Manage and utilize time efficiently to ensure service quality,
customer satisfaction, and the achievement of key performance
indicator goals for the Contact Center.
- Look for opportunities to introduce products and services that
match customers' needs.
- Answer internal and external customer telephone inquiries by
using proper telephone guideline, account verification techniques,
utilizing multiple banking systems to access customer account
information and following through to a satisfactory resolution on
inquiries, requests, or complaints promptly.
- Maintain knowledge on banking products and complies with
regulations that include but are not limited to overdraft
protection, Regulation E, Regulation D, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA),
Regulation CC, Privacy Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), and
Non-Public Personal Information (NPPI), Right to Financial Privacy
Act (RFPA), identity theft, red flags, Unfair Deceptive or Abusive
Acts or Practices (UDAAP), financial elder abuse and OFAC.
- Assist clients with the completion of debit card disputes, ACH
disputes, or check fraud affidavits.
- Assist in the completion of new account or loan
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- 6 months customer service experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, customer
service skills, and the ability to analyze, organize, and present
- Strong interpersonal skills to fully identify the need and
resolve while minimizing client effort.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic computer navigation and keyboarding skills, including the
ability to multi-task and navigate between multiple systems.
- Unquestionable integrity and demonstrated ability to maintain
confidentiality in handling sensitive and private information in
all aspects of the job.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and
ability to prioritize and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule/overtime,
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such
as Microsoft Office software products.
- Sit, Stand, Walk: While performing the duties of the job, the
person in this position is regularly required to sit, stand, walk,
and move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office
equipment, and interact with staff.
- Use of Hands/Fingers: To operate a computer, keyboard, mouse
and other office productivity machinery such as but not limited to:
a calculator, copy machine, and printer. The person in this
position is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and
- Speech/Hearing: The person in this position frequently
communicates via phone and in person. Must be able to talk to/hear
- Lifting/Pulling/Carrying: The person in this position must
occasionally list/move up to 30 lbs.
- Bending/Kneeling: The person in this position occasionally
moves to retrieve items for use in daily work activities.
This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions
and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example,
changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual
performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements
of this position.
Customer Service (Sales)
Keywords: HomeStreet, Inc, Federal Way , Contact Center Representative, Retail Banking (Federal Way, WA), Other , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!