Company: Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionWhen you love what you do, it's more than a job.
It's a passion, and a Mission.As a member of the Goodwill
production team you will be responsible for processing and sorting
the donations provided by our community. You can expect to build
relationships with team members, follow processes and procedures,
and see the real impact you are having on the lives of others. We
strongly believe in promoting from within, and provide many growth
and promotional opportunities for dedicated workers. We are seeking
quick, task-oriented individuals to help with the daily processing
of donations. This is a great job for someone seeking to enter (or
re-enter) the work force while supporting the mission of
Goodwill.Right now our Federal Way, WA store is seeking a Full Time
Router!Salary Range: $14.49 Per HourA Router is responsible for the
process of collection, transporting and sorting of donated
merchandise in a production environment and adheres to safety
standards.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
following: Other duties may be assigned
- Unloads sacks, boxes, and miscellaneous donated items from
trucks into donation carts and transports them to proper processing
workstation or storage areas.
- Sorts goods into appropriate categories safely and labels
correctly (donations, salvage and recycling)
- Provides a smooth flow of goods to the production
- Reacts with urgency to determine production needs and adapts
quickly to changing business conditions
- Cleans or repairs items to be priced and placed on the store
- Tickets items for sale by attaching price ticket to item.
- Assists with tracking and recording daily production, donor and
- Places items on or in appropriate transport container safely
and labels correctly
- Monitors and reports supply needs to supervisor.
- Assists the supervisor with training of employees and clients
and performs quality control evaluations.
- Ensures the area stays clean, well-organized and safe.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Assists the production department.
- Maintains receiving and delivery shipping logs.
- Stacks items onto pallets of various heights.
- Maintains safety standards as provided by the Production
Supervisor.The Ideal candidate is someone who;
- Is focused on safety
- Shows up to work everyday
- Has a great attitude
- Is able to work as a team
- Follows production schedules
- Is flexible and ready to learn
- Maintain attention to detail
- Is able to lift 25lbs to 50lbs.We Have You Covered:
- Full time employees will enjoy health care, vacation, life
insurance, as well as other benefits.
- All employees receive merchandise discounts and select paid
- We strongly believe in promoting from within, and have multiple
avenues for career growth.At Goodwill we are committed to creating
and sustaining a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion. We
embrace our employees' differences, and believe in meeting the
members of our workforce and their communities where they are.
Since our doors first opened in 1921, we have been changing lives
by offering a hand up, not a hand out. We invite you to join us for
our next 100 years of service to our neighbors.Our Mission is to
help people reach their fullest potential through individual
education, job placement and career pathway services made possible
by community donations, purchases and partnerships.At Goodwill, we
welcome people with diverse backgrounds, including persons with
disabilities or other disadvantages. In fact, a substantial portion
of our employees have a disability and/or economic disadvantage and
we strongly encourage such persons to apply.This organization
participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies
authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of
Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security
(SSA). For further information on E-Verify contact DHS at
Keywords: Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region, Federal Way , Router, Other , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!