Lifeguard Team Member
Company: Wild Waves Theme & Waterpark
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: May 21, 2023
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for maintaining the highest safety and
guest service standards on all water attractions, to foster a fun,
safety-conscious environment. To ensure each of our guests are
given the best possible service in a prompt and friendly
SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- No Experience Required, Training provided by Wild Waves at NO
cost to you!
- Possess or ability to obtain a License through Ellis &
Associates. Licenses contain written and physical components in
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with
guests, co-workers and management.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time
- Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guest Service: Provide friendly and helpful service to guests.
Abide by all guest service standards and code of conduct guidelines
established in the Team Member handbook.
- Safety: Wild Waves Theme & Water Park is a Safety-First
workplace; the promotion of a safe working environment and
elimination of safety hazards is a key function of all
- Teamwork: Employees must work together towards the common goals
of the park while maintaining a respectful and efficient work
- Cleanliness: Keep the work location and the Park clean and
sanitary for Guests, as well as fellow employees. Cleaning duties
may require standing, stooping, and bending to pick up trash and
debris and the use of cleaning tools and chemicals.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety: Maintain a safety-first environment on the water
attractions by monitoring the number of guests on the attraction,
executing preventative safety measures, dispatching slides,
enforcing rules and regulations and monitoring the water at all
times for guests that may require assistance.
- First Aid: Provide First-Responder care to guests as needed
while on duty; including CPR, the Heimlich maneuver and spinal
- Certification: Maintain an active Ellis & Associates lifeguard
license through on-going regular in-service training. Participation
in Ellis audits.
- Information: You are responsible for answering guests'
questions regarding the park and water safety and giving directions
- Cleanliness: Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the
water attraction areas, walkways and back areas.
- Other Duties as Assigned: Additional duties may be assigned
based on the needs of the department and the park.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The
employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. The employee is
often required to swim and perform rescues in the course of his or
her lifeguard duties as outline in the Ellis & Associate lifeguard
training program. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level is generally moderate to high.
Keywords: Wild Waves Theme & Waterpark, Federal Way , Lifeguard Team Member, Other , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...