Advance Composite Rework & Repair B - 78806
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Commercial Airplanes is
seeking an Advance Composite Rework and Repair Mechanic to join our
team in Renton & Everett , WA!Mechanics in this position rework and
repair aircraft parts and assemblies made from various types of
material including; fiberglass, plastic and composites. This job is
performed at various stages of the aircraft assembly process. Work
is typically accomplished in shop, factory, on the flight line and
on live planes. Employment in this position also requires handling,
lifting less than 10 pounds, rotation of head/neck, standing, use
of low impact vibratory tools, walking, contact with plastics,
solvents and adhesives, exposure to noise and atmospheric
conditions, and the use of personal safety gear for face/eye,
hand/arm, ears and feet.Position Responsibilities:
- Obtain work package from ready for work rack/file or as
assigned by area lead or supervisor.
- Obtain drawings and use online database as required.
- Read Work Order (W/O) and drawings to determine work to be
accomplished. Obtain materials that are required by the W/O or
- Consult with management and/or others (e.g., engineering,
planning, inspection, or customer) on process or job related issues
- Layout and rework repair parts per W/O, Special Repair (S/R) or
Rejection Tag (R/T).
- Use jigs, fixtures and templates when available or develop
patterns from drawings or sketches as required.
- Layout locations for holes and cutouts from drawings, patterns
or templates, as required.
- Cut out, route, trim profile, shape, drill, ream and finish a
wide variety of metal bond parts and assembles using engineering
- Make shop aides to facilitate repair work, as required. Locate
work area using drawings, Non Conformance Report (NCR), S/R, R/T or
other paperwork which specifies area requiring repair.
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types (e.g., scissors and
snorkel lifts), to perform repair work, as required.
- Prepare damaged area of airplane (e.g., wing spoilers, flaps,
rudders) for repair by sanding and cleaning using power or hand
tools, as required.
- Layout and apply fiberglass, resins or potting compounds to
rework areas, including minor dents or surface imperfections per
W/O, drawing and/or BAC specifications.
- Flame spray aluminum coating onto composite parts to create
conductive surfaces, per BAC specifications, as required.
- Bond parts and material together using vacuum restraint and
heat source (e.g., lamps, blankets, ovens) to cure, as
- Drill, spotface, and/or countersink holes to correct size using
drill motor or drill press.
- Perform minor assembly work, as required.
- Prepare rework area for final finish per BAC
- Evaluate type of identification to used (e.g., rubber stamp,
stencil, ink jet, image machine, metal tags, electro etch) per BAC
- Perform shipping procedures (e.g., wrapping in plastic, loading
in tub skids, and dollies) when identification is completed.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner
(e.g., paints, sealants, and solvents).
- Submit completed job or in-process checks to inspector at
appropriate steps in sequence.
- Leave oral or written tie-ins for following shifts.
- Maintain personal and tool certifications, as required.This
position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will
be required to work onsite at one of the listed location
options.The position must meet Export Control compliance
requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. --
120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful
permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience in setting and using precision measuring
tools and equipment such as micrometers, calipers, and/or dial
- 1+ years of experience reading and interpreting aerospace
engineering drawings and blueprints.
- 1+ years of experience using hand tools and/or hand-held power
- 1+ years of experience in composite materials and
fabrication.Typical Education:High school graduate or GED
preferred.Relocation:This position offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility.Shift:This position is for 2nd shift.Drug
Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.Other Relevant Information &
Requirements:This is an hourly position governed by the IAM
Collective Bargaining agreement.Current Boeing employees working in
Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request (ERT) to
be considered in the eligible candidate pool.---At Boeing, we
strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage
and retain the top talent.-- Elements of the Total Rewards package
include competitive base pay and variable compensation
opportunities.-- --The Boeing Company also provides eligible
employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit
programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending
accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life
and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that
provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.-- --The
specific programs and options available to any given employee may
vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location,
date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining
agreements. --Please note that the salary information shown below
is a general guideline only.-- Salaries are based upon candidate
experience and qualifications, as well as market and business
considerations.---- --Summary pay range: $ 21.00 - $44.08Equal
Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Federal Way , Advance Composite Rework & Repair B - 78806, Other , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...