Construction Zone Traffic Flagger - $19 /hour
Company: Area Wide Protective
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Area Wide Protective Hiring Event!Join us in Kent for our hiring
event! Interviewing & On-The-Spot-Hiring for:Flaggers & Certified
TCS (Traffic Control Supervisor)No Certification? No problem, we
pay for your certificationExpired Certification? No worries, we pay
for re-certification$19.00 /hour$2,000 Sign-on Bonus About the
Position:BE A HERO IN A HARD HATAWP is North America's leading
traffic control specialist. Our Protectors work outside every day
to make sure customer crews, drivers, and our teams get home
safely.Join us if you like:
- Like working outside
- Work hard and are dependable
- Want every day to be different
- Enjoy being in control and independent
- Are interested in turning a job into a career without going to
collegeWhat you will do:
- Ensure compliance with applicable safety and operating rules
and federal regulations.
- Promote safe work practices as well as maintains and fosters a
safe work environment.
- Duties include, but are not limited, flagging to provide a safe
work zone for all employees working on or near the site.
- Notifies proper authorities and prepares reports to explain
accidents, unscheduled stops, or delays.
- Diagnose minor malfunctions and performs minor maintenance and
servicing activities when maintenance personnel are not
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality are a
requirement for this position.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Must possess an unexpired driver's license.
- Must understand basic mathematics.
- Must be able to work a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and
various shift work.
- Must possess good communication skills (verbally and
- Must be able to judge speed/distances of objects/moving
- Required to make logical choices and/or drawing logical
- Complete annual training and pass safety operating rules
- Required to take actions and/or making decisions affecting
security/wellbeing of others. Pre-Employment Requirements:
- Subject to pre-employment background check and motor vehicle
- Subject to pre-employment drug screen.
- Successfully complete and maintain any required safety
certification and testing on an annual basis.
- Flagging Experience a plus! Physical Requirements:The physical
demands described below must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential job functions of this role. This position
will be physically demanding at times. This is a non-exhaustive
overview of the physical requirements of this job.
- Regularly lift weight up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly carry weight up to 50 lbs. for a distance up to 100
- Regularly ascend/descend a truck step.
- Regularly kneel, bend, squat while transferring up to 50 pounds
- Regularly sit and stand for an extended period.
- Able to walk on uneven surfaces up to 1/2 mile.
- Must be able to be aware of surroundings and follow verbal
commands while being exposed to moderately loud noises daily.
- Must be able to adapt to various temperature extremes including
but not limited to heat, cold, moisture and wind.
- Able to visually distinguish colors - red, blue, green,
- Able to work in a safety sensitive work environment. Benefits:
- Statewide Safety Systems offers a robust benefits package
including medical and dental coverage.
- Benefits begin at the first of the month following 30 days of
- Paid, on-the-job training: ATSSA certification, defensive
driver training and handling emergencies
- Quick promotion for employees interested in doing more - you
can become a supervisor, estimator or manager with no college
degree required RSVP Today!
Keywords: Area Wide Protective, Federal Way , Construction Zone Traffic Flagger - $19 /hour, Professions , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!