Maintenance Technician II - Residential Property
Company: Tarragon Property Services LLC
Location: Federal Way
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Description:DescriptionMaintenance Technician II - Roving
(Bothell to Olympia)At TPS, it is all about the experience. We are
looking for a Roving Maintenance Technician that thrives on
collaboration, can be the go-to person for our properties all while
managing your own time. This role supports or leads in the absence
of the Maintenance Supervisor/ Manager, by ensuring that the
physical aspects of the apartment property meet the company's
established standards and any applicable laws. This position
participates in leading the on-site maintenance staff, as well as
diagnosing maintenance problems for the property. This position
requires travel to sites that range from Bothell to Olympia. If you
are looking for an engaging and rewarding work environment, look no
further---TPS is the place to be!Why Work for TPS?
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational
- We encourage career growthWage Rate: $24.00-$28.00 per
hourEssential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists supervisor with managing the on-site maintenance staff
- Leads in diagnosing problems and repairs for the property in
the areas of as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry,
drywalling, exterior structural, and appliances.
- Schedules, monitors, and performs preventative maintenance and
- Purchases maintenance supplies for the property while staying
within the planned budget when tasked.
- Inspects apartments before and after move-in and move-outs, as
well as after the apartment has been turned, and ensures compliance
with Company Standards.
- Responds promptly and accurately to work order requests from
residents, as well as delegates work orders to maintenance staff
- Performs property inspections when tasked in order to maintain
cleanliness as well as to identify any problems.
- Assists in obtaining bids from outside contractors and oversees
contractor work for completeness when tasked.
- Accurately prepares and submits property invoices in accordance
with established guidelines and deadlines when tasked.
- Assists supervisor with vendor selection and relations, so as
to ensure quality performance when tasked.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and
cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be
- Responds to on-call when scheduled.
- Ensures pool and fitness areas are inspected daily.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding the overall maintenance
function of the property.
- Ensures excellent customer service to prospective and current
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing,
safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health
and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local,
state, and federal laws.Requirements:Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in property management
maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to use a personal computer or other computer tracking
systems used at the property.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax
machine, printer, copier, and key/Handy track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to
relate to others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable
local housing provisions.Required Licenses
- Current driver's license and automobile insurance.Other
- Must maintain a professional appearance and comply with
provided uniform policy.
- Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of
back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis;
Overtime may be required for this position.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be reachable via phone, text or email, except during
approved time off.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to
- Some travel may be required.
- Some hand and power tools requiredPhysical Demands
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, feeling.
- Moderate climbing, balancing, crawling, reaching, pushing,
pulling, lifting and talking, hearing, and smelling.
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands,
wrists, legs, and feet.We are an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran
Keywords: Tarragon Property Services LLC, Federal Way , Maintenance Technician II - Residential Property, Professions , Federal Way, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...